Friday, January 29, 2010

The nursery is done!

I've finally finished the nursery, now just waiting for the baby...or maybe he's been waiting for me to finish his room before he comes.  Just one more week. :)

Here's the best shot I could get of the whole room.

This is a stained glass hanging that Chad's dad made several years ago. He gave this to us a few months back and it became my inspiration for the color scheme of the baby room. (Actually, my color scheme evolved from this stained glass and 8 yards of gray material that I had lying around that I didn't know what to do with. Trying to be resourceful, I paired my gray material with the teal and red colors in the stained glass to try to make a nursery that wasn't too dreary).



Caroll Wilkins made this vinyl lettering for me for a baby shower gift. I love it! Check her out on Etsy or at her blog (http://www.vinylexpress.blogspot.com/)if you're interested in her making something for you.


This is the crib set that I sewed. You can see how I made use of my gray material :) Oh, and I have to give credit to Chad for putting together the crib.


My mom made this shelf for me for Christmas. Some of my favorite gifts I've received over the years are things she made in her wood shop.  Oh, and a lot of things on the shelves were other gifts I've received for this baby.


I had to redo the blocks I'd originally made since the greens and blues didn't match as well.

4 comments:

Kari said...

So cute! Only one week left- how exciting! The students have all been asking if you had him yet, so I'll have to let them know. I love the name Liam too. Everything is just adorable!

Melis said...

You are so talented. It's inspiring. Turned out so cute!

Anonymous said...

So Cute! Wow Michelle..you are really talented.

Ashley and Ben said...

Wow you are amazing Michelle! The room looks perfect, now all we need to see is that perfect little Liam boy! We cant wait for cousin Liam to get here!!!